Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Connection

Saturday night I went out with a college friend, his girl and his friend/brother. We chatted, saw a movie and grabbed dinner. I could already tell from the jump that my friend was trying to find a way to get me to interact with this "friend/brother" guy...and as a single girl, I appreciated it. It's always nice to have someone you know trying to set you up with someone they feel you'd be good with. I had met the guy before (he came to a get together at my place as my friend's guest) but this was my first time really getting to know him. It was a good time (though the action movie we saw had a lot of gore and head chopping going on lol).

At the end of the night, I bid adieu to my friend and his girlfriend and the guy walked me to my car. It was only supposed to take a minute but I ended up staying for around 5 hours. Somewhere in between the late night stroll, exchanged smiles and a good night, we both found ourselves utterly smitten. It was something like an unexplainable force field that made each of us want to just sit and talk and cuddle and even kiss until we couldn't anymore. There was heart racing infatuation yet comfort and easiness at the same time. Honestly, in those wee hours of the morning, I felt excited just to breathe his air and found an equal excitement with him. Childlike giddiness that I couldn't really explain...or deny. Our conversation bounced from life to things we like to do for fun to aspirations to disappointments. It felt like he was on my mental and emotional wavelength, and he was the best kiss I've had in years.

After our lengthy date, I drove home on a high from the night's events. I never even slept...just went straight to 7 AM church service. The rest of the day I thought about him and ignored those vain/materials factors (i.e. his lack of a good job) that I value which may prevent me from pursuing him on a serious level. We have date #2 planned for later this week :) I don't know where this could be headed or where he falls in my dating journey, but I know for certain that I want my last romance to be with someone who makes me feel the electric connection that I felt that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment