Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Smooth Sailing

Now that the Thanksgiving holiday has passed, I can finally catch up on blogging :) The dating world continues to be good to me. After narrowing down my dating team, I have been putting more focus on the guy, who we'll call Justin, who really caught my interest. And things have been great

Justin has continued to take me on wonderful dates and outings. He has a lot of great qualities; he's caring, sweet, romantic, Christian, and funny. I normally don't consider myself a lovey dovey type of person when it comes to dating and relationships, but I can already see Justin changing me. When we're having dinner, he grabs my hand at the table. When we get ready to head out, he helps me put my jacket on. When we watch TV, he rubs my hair. It's really weird at times to see myself so giddy with him but its also refreshing. In the past with guys, I've been very guarded. Justin has been very successful and is slowly (very slowly) melting the icebox that is (was) my heart.


Our conversations are what really make me feel continuously connected to him. We talk for hours about everything in life and in the news. The other day, we chatted about our Christian faith and how to integrate Christian values into today's family. The day before that we talked about places we want to visit and our biggest inspirations. Even his voice makes the conversation feel elevated. I feel so mushy right now because I'm literally smiling as I type.

I don't want to move too fast or "catch feelings" too quick, but I vow not to be as romantically rigid as before. He's a sweetheart and he treats me like a princess (honestly). Today I'm very happy with my dating life and I'm going to enjoy this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment