Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's cool I got it

 First off, praise God for a victory for our President!! Last night was another great moment in African American and US history :)

Before all the polls were closed and votes were tallied, I found myself on date #2 with the same guy from the previous post. I know what you're thinking...."So soon?" lol...but it was his birthday and he asked to spend it with little old me. It's so funny because we I arrived at the date location, I saw a guy in the distance and thought "Dang, he's cute." Upon a closer look, I realized it was actually my date! He was very sharp for his birthday and I appreciated it :) We went to eat at a cute little retro burger place which was yummy and fun. Then we headed to the movies to see Looper (which was another great, action packed and thought provoking film--go see it!).  Once again, I did enjoy his company and he was fun to be around.  We talked politics, life and music at dinner and gasped and flinched at all the crazy moments during the movie. One of the main attracting factors that he has is his maturity. I've never dated a guy that was more than a year or two older (he's 4 years older) and the maturity and grown man swag is kinda nice.

The best part of the date was probably his surprise at the fact that I paid for dinner and the movie. I've never actually [willingly lol] paid for a date with a guy that wasn't my boyfriend. But I thought, it's his birthday, and I would be a jerk if I let him pay...everyone deserves to feel special at least once a year. At dinner he didn't even realized that I paid the bill while he slipped to the restroom, and when he found out I paid, he looked genuinely astonished. At the movies, I had to literally take his debit card out of his hand so he wouldn't pass it to the cashier. He said, "No, I got this at least," and I let him know that as a believer in birthdays, I wouldn't allow it lol.

I hardly know this guy but paying for that date felt right.  I felt so empowered to treat someone else to a nice evening and say "It's cool, I got it." Don't get me wrong, this will be strictly limited to birthdays and other yet to be designated days lol


***I love her cause she got her own***
She don't need mine, so she leave mine alone
There ain't nothing in this world sexy
Than a girl that want but don't need me
***Young independent, yea she work hard***

No comments:

Post a Comment